A few (mostly superficial) reasons I think I’ll like Australia
- They really do call it Oz.
- The 50 cent piece looks like fantasy pirate money. All of the money I’ve seen so far has really nice animal art.
- My mostly-indoor skin is going to look GREAT there compared to all those sun scorched native 30-somethings.
- Bureaucracy is light to non-existent. Ace called to get the power turned on in the apartment, and the person on the other end of the line said yes. And there was light.
- The electric outlets have little on-off switches for an added layer of safety.
- Voting is mandatory.
- For $2 per person, we can traipse up and down New South Wales on Sunday outings on public transit.
- Ace is there, waiting for us.
- He’s really good at brushing Octavia’s teeth.
- The light is really amazing. A few months ago when Ace started looking through housing ads online I thought they had all been wildly enhanced. It really is that light there.
- We’re going to live on Light Street.
- The lemons are sweet: